Data centre co-location means using shared data centre infrastructure. Many organisations are switching to it because of the resultant time efficiencies and cost savings. You retain full control over the hardware and software used to host your business applications/data, without the cost of running your own data facility.
HPN uses four UK data centres, which means we can offer your business a cost-effective, flexible and secure hosting environment for your business critical systems, applications and data.
All of our data centres conform to the following industry standards:
- Tier 3 classified
- Accredited to ISO 9001 & 27001 Information Security standards
- 1.0MW of power with an additional 1.0MW available
- Shared and/or dedicated rack space
- Cloud Storage Service/Off-site data backup
- Backup diesel generator
- FM200 fire suppression
- Vesda fire detection
- Redundant power components
- ‘Remote hands’ service
- 24/7 access with manned security
- Monthly ‘on load’ tests to ensure components are responding as expected
Virtualisation means replacing a physical entity with a software-based (or virtual) representation. It can be used with networks, applications, servers and storage and is a highly effective way to cut IT costs while increasing business flexibility and efficiency.
Virtualisation is changing how businesses operate. It allows you to achieve more with fewer in-house resources and less financial commitment. In addition to significant cost savings, it reduces your carbon footprint, aids disaster recovery and is an essential tool for business continuity planning.
In addition, Virtualisation dispenses with the need to add more computing power as your organisation grows, with all of the associated costs and logistical complexities. Instead, this proven technology empowers each computer to perform multiple functions by sharing resources across numerous environments, dramatically keeping costs in check.
HPN is a fully-accredited VMware® Professional Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and a Citrix® Service Provider. We can provide you with a range of virtualisation services, from initial capacity planning to installation, configuration and ongoing support.
Principle reasons to virtualise
- Server consolidation brings significantly higher resource utilisation
- Reduced server numbers means infrastructure cost savings
- Improved operational flexibility and responsiveness
- Improved business continuity
- Scalability - a virtualised environment can grow with your business
- Increased high application availability